Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Nespresso Coffee Capsule Insects

Swiss Biologist, Alex, reuses discarded Nespresso coffee capsules to create intricate insect art sculptures, inspired by nature.  Documented on his website recycleandplay

"Waste is an untapped source of high quality building material! As a biologist, I find my artistic inspiration in nature. By creating objects from our wastes my aim is to stimulate people’s imagination and encourage the eco-citizen within each of us, while having fun! I started this project by building toys from recycled material, for my kids, during a two-years scientific stay in Edinburgh (the name’s origin…). At first solely dedicated to toys recycleandplay slowly started exploring other artistic horizons…"







 


For more inspiration, check out www.recycleandplay.ch

No comments:

Post a Comment